Students in grade 5 learn about United States history and focus much of their time on colonization. This year students are creating either a non-fiction brochure about a colony of their choice using a brochure template in Pages on the iPad, or a non-fiction Keynote presentation using the Keynote app on their iPads. Students have the ability to customize their brochure or Keynote and are working hard through the second quarter to make their presentations professional.
Practice Using Apps!
Students throughout MCS have been using the iPads to practice skills or facts they have learned in class with carefully selected educational apps. Some of these practice apps include:
- Wet, Dry, Try to practice Handwriting without Tears Skills
- Raz Kids to practice reading and comprehension
- Splash Math to practice math facts
- Spelling City to practice vocabulary words
- Stack the States to practice US geography
- Wordly Wise Flashcards to practice vocabulary
- and so many more!